this blog has now moved!
check out the amazing new site – click the link and find all your favourite Alfie Boe posts!
So, how did you do on yesterday’s quiz? Are you an Alfie expert or do you need to study some more – such a hardship!!!
Here are the answers:
- According to the first line of Alfie’s book, My Story, which compose nearly killed him? A: Bizet, The Pearl Fishers, ENO
- What breed of dog is Alfie’s dog, Guinness? A: Golden retriever
- How many brothers and sisters does Alfie have and what are all their names? A: 8 (John, Joe, Anne, Maria, Teresa, Michael, Pauline, Fran)
- Which musical instrument did Alfie want, but the record company didn’t on La Passione? A: accordion – do you think we’ll hear it on the new Italian album?
- On which drama soundtrack does Alfie perform two songs: A: Downton Abbey
- Who did Alfie duet with on the Team GB song, One Vision? A: Kimberley Walsh
- Before Alfie’s first performance with Lottie Dawson’s Musical Society, he was apparently so nervous he was sick! What song did he sing? A: Do You Hear The People Sing, Les Mis
- Which character did Alfie play in ENO’s The Mikado? A: Nanki-Poo
- Alfie played Rodolfo in La Boheme in 2009 and 2011; which two sopranos played Mimi? A: Melody Miller and Elizabeth Llewellyn
- What song did Alfie sing for his first D’oyly Carte audition? A: You Are My Hearts Delight
As a well done treat, here is an old clip of Alfie performing songs from La Passione: